Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Games in action

I hope that you're all enjoying your non-contact time at the moment, and not doing too much school work during what non-teachers call "holidays".
Having said that, here I am collating photographs of my children in action using the games that I have been making for them during the term.  And later this week I will be spending a couple of days at school making more games using the things that have been donated by our parents - plastic cutlery, plates and cups, old toy cars, egg boxes and other bits and bobs.  Photos of those too will be forthcoming when they're done.

I posted the pdf of Splat Attack earlier this term.  It takes a lot of time to make the whole 1 - 100 with flowers and bees/bugs, but I split it into smaller games so I have lots of children playing with it at the same time.  I have a 1 - 20 set, and then I split them across the tens (22 - 45, for example).



I've also adapted Splat Attack for fraction, decimal and percentage conversions, which is a game with a couple of variations.  I'll post the pdf for that later on, promise!

My younger students are still getting to grips with number recognition and matching numbers with symbols, amounts and words.  I've got a couple of games that they love.  One is simply to put the right number of pegs on each plate - basic, but they still enjoy it.
Children can check each other's plates.

You can use symbols, words or even dots!

More pictures tomorrow - make sure you visit again!



No comments:

Post a Comment