Thursday, April 16, 2015

Fractions, decimals and percentages

Not all of my games are for the younger children.  This is a version of "lay the table" that is aimed at my Stage 6 and Stage 7 students.  It can be a simple matching game - the decimal and the fraction that go together - or it can be an ordering activity as well.  You will see that I have included some of the more common equivalent fractions as well.


I use this game before I bring out the Splat Attack fractions/decimals/percentages version.  Some of the students who are confident with this are now timing each other to see how quickly they can pair the cutlery up properly, and of course they have to check that the other person is correct.
I have housed the cutlery in a plastic takeaway container with a lid, so it can be stored on a shelf easily, and because all the pieces were donated and recycled it is easy to replace any that are lost or broken.

No comments:

Post a Comment